Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.
1. How many guests are allowed in the Galleria Building? What about parking?
80 guests, by law, are allowed in the building at any given time with another 80 seated on the porch, which is partially covered. Parking is available in the front parking lot, along the street (17th Ave. N. W. and 99th St. N. W.) and additional parking is available behind the Baden Building by the water tank. Our on-site manager/representative will assist guests with parking on the day of your event.
2. Which buildings in the Park are for rent?
The Galleria and the Baden Building Meeting (Bride’s) room are rented through the office at the Park (941-761-2866), The Pavilion Screen Room Rental is included in the $1800 rental fee of the Galleria Building. When available, the Pavilion can be rented separately.
3. What are the Park hours and are dogs allowed in the Park?
The hours are 8AM until dusk every day. Dogs are welcome if they are leashed and if each owner picks up after their pet.
4. Are the grounds and buildings handicap accessible?
Yes. Handicap parking spaces are to the right of the Galleria Building. The ramp to the Galleria and Baden Buildings is located by the office entrance. The Manatee County public restrooms and drinking fountains are also handicap accessible and are located behind the Pavilion, near the playground.
5. What type events are held at the Park?
The Palma Sola Botanical Park Foundation sponsors annual fundraising events such as the Garden Party and Plant Sale. The Galleria is rented for weddings, receptions, school dances, parties and meetings. The Pavilion is popular for casual gatherings and children’s parties.
6. May I use a caterer of my choice for my wedding reception?
Yes, you may use any caterer or furnish your own food and drink.
7. What are the rules for serving alcohol?
You may serve alcohol, but must adhere to all U.S., state and local laws, including the law that prohibits the serving of alcohol to minors.
8. Does the Park supply furniture, dishes and linens for events? How long do I have to decorate for my event?
The Park has assorted tables and chairs to seat approximately 120 guests. These are available at no charge. Linens and table service must be supplied by renter or obtained from a rental company. All rental items must be removed from the premises no later than midnight. You may enter the building at 8AM on the day of your event, at no extra charge.
9. What is the smoking policy at Palma Sola Botanical Park?
No smoking is allowed in the buildings. Smoking is allowed on the porches and grounds and guests are urged to use the ash receptacles for the disposal of smoking material. Please, no butts on the porches or grounds!
11. Does PSBP spray for mosquitoes before an event?
No. It is the responsibility of the client to contact Mosquito Control
at 722-3720 at least 2 weeks prior to your event, or talk with a